I really like Tarte. Is a brand that started with excellent products and one of the first beauty brands that made their products, vegan, gluten free and cruelty free. It started with only a few makeup products and now have developed also a skincare line (which I still need to try) and have launched iconic products like the universally loved Shape tape concealer.
The first foundation that I tried from Tarte was the Tarte Double Duty Beauty Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation, which I loved because was infused with Hyaluronic acid and the texture was so light and perfect for my dry skin. I was in love. But……. It got discontinued 😦 , so I bought another of their best rated foundation thinking I will have the same experience…but no.
Take into account my skin type is: Fair, with a lot of pigmentation (sun spots), very dry, with first signs of ageing. I’m 40 years old so I’m looking for a foundation that does not look cakey on me or add more years to my face. Now let’s get to the review (Pic: my foundation)
- Size: 30 ml | 1.7 Fl. Oz
- Shade range: 40 shades. I use 29B Light- Medium Beige
- Price point: 39€ | $39 | £33
- Coverage: Full coverage. In reality on my skin was medium coverage, you have to build it up to have the full coverage effect.
- Main ingredients: Amazonian clay, one of the main ingredients in Tarte makeup products, Vitamin E & Mineral pigments
- For whom is good: it does not say for whom is targeted, but based on my experience is best for combination and oily skin.
- Packing: Plastic tube, perfect for travel and easy to use. Does not come with a pump.
- Application preference: With a brush.
- How much it last after opening: 12 months.
- My opinion: I had high hope for this product, based on my previous experience with Tarte foundation. But unfortunately, this did not work for me. First is not full coverage in the first application and second is not suited for dry skin. on me looked cakey and it aged me several years. I think this will be great for person with oily skin as it stayed matte the whole day. I have used this product on – off for the last 10 months.
- The good:
- Easy to apply
- Functional packing, there is a side bar where you can see how much product is left on the tube
- Comes in 40 shades
- The not so good:
- Not suited for dry or dehydrated skins. It gets cakey
- Is not full coverage, you need a more that 1 layer to achieve this.
- It settles in lines.
- The good:
Score: 3/5. I awarded with a 3 score (average) because it doesn’t work for me based on my skin type, but I think that can work for oiler skins and the formula can suited people with allergies are looking for cruelty free product. Also, the packing make the product
Where you can buy it: from any of Tarte cosmetics page or main beauty stores like Ulta & Sephora. For people located in UK, you can find it also on QVC and usually the have great products combos with great value.
Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?
Note: there are not affiliated links in this post and I have purchased the products mentioned.