Before I start sharing with you my opinion about this foundation, I want to clarify that by no means i’m a makeup expert or makeup artist. I’m just a normal women that tries to good makeup, easy to apply and at the end I don’t end look like a clown. I follow basic rules and my eyeshadow application is BASIC. I love watching all the wonderful youtubers applies every color on their palette and look wonderful. But.. that is not me.
My main goal with makeup is to have a better version of me and be presentable during the day. That is why I search for good products that are not too complicated to use and do the work. So the goal of this post series is to share my opinion on the products Im currently using and explain whether I like it or no.
So first things first , my skin type is: Fair, with a lot of pigmentation (sun spots), very, very dry, with first signs of ageing. Im 40 years old so I’m looking for a foundation that does not look cakey on me or add more years to my face.
Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra light skin perfecting makeup
- Size: 30 ml
- Shade range: 18 shades. I use 30 Beige
- Price point: 45 € | 50$ | 37 £
- Coverage: light- medium. You can build it up, but it will never be a full coverage.
- Main ingredients:
- For whom is good: dry to combination skin.
- Packing: Plastic bottle, perfect for travel. Does not come with a pump.
- Application preference: With my fingers. But if you prefer to use a tool a Beauty sponge is great as the foundation is very liquid.
- My opinion: Holy grail. I started using Chanel foundation with Perfection Lumiere, but it became to drying for me so I switch to the Vitalumiere. I and love it is light, it covers most my hyperpigmentation, and my skin looks healthy and fresh.
- The good:
- Easy to apply
- Light weight
- Travel friendly
- Fresh and natural looking skin.
- The not so good:
- It has alcohol, its its fourth ingredient.
- The shade range can be improved.
- The good:
Pecas’s tip: moisturize before using it. It will improve the application.
Where you can buy it: from any of Chanel web or main beauty stores.
Have you tried any of Chanel’s foundation? What are your thoughts?